Saturday, August 20, 2011

My 18th but still the first.

I tried something new.

This is my 18th face, but my first male face and my first try of a new way of doing it. I don't know if this is how I'm going to do it, but I feel it came out quite good and not far from what I had imagined.
I liked to use just a few colours and I see it can work well. I have to practice to get used to do it this way and I certainly will. It's something quite different from what I've been doing and that is like a new inspiration to me.

The colours I used on this painting was: Cobalt blue, burnt sienna, raw sienna and of course titanium white. I did a mix of the three first and used the white to lighten that coolour in different shades. Finally I used a black pencil to outline the image. You should give it a try, it's fun to see how different it is to paint and make it look good with a limited palette.

The shadowing in his face is far from good but this was my first time. I promise to do it better next time. The shadow "behind" him is just luck. I didn't pay that any attention at all.



Please don't look too close to the details, his ear, eye and mouth, they could have been far better but for me it was important to try this out and not be afraid of trying it.

I used my stones for the first time today. They are really nice and it was not that difficult to crochet around them.

I wish you all the best and enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment