Monday, October 22, 2012

How do you feel about selling your art?

 

I knew from the beginning this one would be great.


The new doll I made is so cute I will have trouble selling her. I've often heard that painters have trouble selling their paintings and I never understood it. Now I know the feeling. It's almost like selling a part of myself. But, I can't keep them all. The first one I made I have to keep because I don't remember how well I secured every bit and part. The other ones are very well made so I'm sure they hold high standards.

Yesterday I had so much fun photographing the dolls, I must have hundreds of photos. I would really love to be able to make a little movie with them acting. Wouldn't that be fun?

I'll show you three photos and add some text I imagine they are saying. Here we go.

Viva, standing on the floor, says :
 Oh, are you my new sister?


No name yet, saying:

I'm sad, I wish I had long white hair too!


The two on the floor :

Don't be sad. You're special too, now you're the one sitting in the chair.


I'm laughing, can you tell I'm having fun? Handyman is laughing too when I show him all the fun photos.
The other day I was looking through my stash and found a shawl I made way back. That shawl had fringes of the "white hair" yarn. I had forgotten all about it and was more than happy to find it. The new doll got similar hair as Viva but it's mixed with another one too.

The new one has shoes and handcuffs and I sewed some small goldbeads onto them. I know I shouldn't have but couldn't resist. They are well secured but I'll have to tell the buyer to check on it every now and then. When it comes to the short haired one, I'm very tempted to replace her hair. But I have decide to jazz up her clothes a bit and see if that will do.

Just for fun I've noticed their "birthdays" so I'm planning on making them birth-certificates. That way a new owner will know their birthdays. If the buyers will let me know their adresses I was thinking of sending a birthdaycard for each doll and perhaps a little surprise too.

As you understand I've had a good weekend, I hope yours were good too.

1 comment:

  1. I can tell you're having fun with these dolls. As for selling my art, I don't mind. So far I've only sold a few pieces but I always take good photos of them so I can still look back and see what I've done.

    ReplyDelete