Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Penwork done.

 

It's incredible how much a painting changes during the penwork.


At this specific one I tried to be careful, not to overdo it, but still I see something I could have let out. Often I go back to older paintings to see how I did something I think of as good. No secret that I love making a sort of 3D effect. It's quite a job to figure out what to do with the black pen without overdoing and not repeating myself all the time. Still, I very much enjoy doing this sort of paintings. They are both playful and colorful which suits me alot.





Anything you would've done differently?

I still keep getting new ideas for this kind of paintings, but what I imagine isn't easy to draw. I might have a try though.
If one look at the background and especially the blue color, does it look messy or more like it's giving life to the piece? I can't decide. I would love it to be plain blue, but that's impossible using watercolors.
All in all I'm pleased with the result and above all it makes me smile.

3 comments:

  1. i think the outline makes the whole thing pop, i always outline with my black pen, you did a great job and would not change a thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this new style. The definition of lines, really pull the whole thing together and make the art work stand out. I think the background color is pretty and would probably leave it the way it is, rather than go solid. it seems more sky like, that way. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pen work just adds to the painting. I like it just the way it is. The blue sky looks good, too. I understand what you're saying about wanting it to be solid blue but I think the watercolor makes it look more real.

    ReplyDelete