Tuesday, August 28, 2012

At least one in every home.

I think todays spiral is well known all over the world.


I have several myself, but I don't like to write or draw in them. The spiral always comes in my way. This way of assambling papers is a fairly old one but the spirals are much more fancy today, or can be. I have seen alot of people that have their own equipment to make spiral bound books, that of course, gives them the opportunety to make something very personal.


I prefer to handsew my homemade books to avoid the spiral. Perhaps mine won't be as solid as the ones done with a spiral, but I can accept that. It's a good thing we're all different. The one I had as inspiration is one I use for sketching. The papers are a little rough so painting onto them doesn't work well.
Now it's harvest time, I'm off to pick the onions today.
Wish you all the best.

2 comments:

  1. Great and fun theme this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun sketch. I actually like using spiral notebooks or sketchbooks because they open flat...but I also like hand sewn books, too. A little of each is good.

    ReplyDelete