Saturday, July 9, 2011

Want to see my bracelets?

These are so fun to make.

I promised to be back showing them off, and here they are. I really enjoy doing these. I had a friend here to see them and she spoke for two of them at once. They are made of cotton yarn and beads. There are thousands of possibilities when talking of colour combos. It's just to choose.
The photo below shows all that I've made.



This photo shows the first ones that I made and the ones I like the best. They are so nice when the sun shines and the tiny beads are reflecting the light.



The last photo shows what I've been doing the last couple of days. These are slightly different. I read from a blog that one could use the plastic beads (for kids) put them in the owen and melt them down. That's what I've done here, and they are so fun to play with. The owen should hold 200 deg. (same temperature as when baking a cake) and one minute is the time. Be sure that the beads have a little space in between them. They "grow" a bit when melting.



Good luck if you are going into the meltingbusiness, but be aware it's done in a hurry. Don't leave the owen!!
Enjoy your weekend, Sandra and I are journaling.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, they're so pretty!! I love all the bright, summery colors you used. I might have to try and make one of these for myself.

    ReplyDelete