Sunday, March 20, 2011

How to chrochet your own skirt.





If you look at my sketch, you see the hip line. Make a chain wide enough to fit your hip line. For a stright skirt this is the number of stiches you'll need.
From hip line to waistline there is approximate 20 centimeters ( 8 inches)
Each side line should be slightly longer than the front/back line.
I prefer to start at the lower edge, and first I decide how long the skirt will be.
You can measure one of your existing skirts.

If you want a bellshaped lower edge you need to make the chain as mush wider as you want your skirt to be.

I have made my own two skirts.


The colourful skirt was my first. It came out well and I've used it a lot. The good thing with all the colours is that I can combine it with a lot of different tops and the skirt looks different. Depends on the colour of the top. You can have a look at it here

I used cotton yarn to make this so I wear it during summertime. The black and white is made of pure wool and it warms me during winter. I simply love the bellshape and I get a lot of comments every time I use it.
To create the bellshape you need to decrease the number of stiches rather quick.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.
Be creative and have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment