Friday, March 18, 2011

Today I solved a problem from way back.

All my life, as long as I can remember, I've loved my flip flop shoes during summertime. In 2005 I spent my 3 weeks holiday in Australia and bought my best flip flops ever. They are made of real rubber material and are still going.
I can remember we were told that one could not wear these kind of "shoes" if one wanted to visit a restaurant. You simply was not welcome wearing flip flops.
And that's what my problem's all about.

How do you feel it when wearing flip flops during summertime?

For the past 10 years I've had my own boutique (selling curtains)and I've always felt kind of not proper dressed wearing my flip flops. Like I was always a bit undressed at my feet.
Today I've solved that problem once and for all. I've made my own "footers" or what to call them.
They came out quite nice if I may say so. I can see a big potential for variation with these ones. What do you think?




I like things that are a bit feminine so I can see the use of a lot of different buttons on these footers. And that's why I added a bow at the back too, and even a little pearl. A lot of decorations can be used and they can be made to fit the rest of your outfit.





Here you can see the bows at the back, quite feminine don't you think? (and I can see that my shoes are worn out)
I'm planning to make a handbag or a cluster to fit this pair. All in all there are a lot of opportunities. Would love to hear (read) what you all think of this.
The last picture shows them in front. I'm so glad that I came up with this idea and I'm really looking forward to summer now.
Have a nice weekend everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment