Saturday, March 9, 2013

WIP back on the worktable.

 

Yes, finally I start working on this old piece again.

I'll probably need a week or so to finish it, it's quite a large piece. I would guess it ends up measuring 25.5 by 25.5 inches ( 65 x 65 cm.)
I've done some changes since the original sketch didn't work out as planned. Mainly that was the reason I put it away. It has been sitting in my sewing room, so I've seen it from time to time and thought of continue the work. But somehow I always choose to do something else.
It might have something to do with making new decissions, to rearrange all the plans and find good replacements. But, now I'm ready to finish this one. 

 
There are alot of handstitching to do, and some painting too. I look forward to paint but handstitching first and that is a slow process. Below is an area which is finished, the other photos shows unfinished areas.

 
 

Below is a detail which I'm not sure will work as well as I had hoped for. The stem is too hard, I feel, so I'll probably undo it and use a softer color. 

 


Sorry for just showing fragments of the piece, but I'll save it until it's complete. Do you have many WIPs waiting to be completed? Do you intend to finish them or do you know by experience that it will never happen? I'm good at knowing what to save and what to put in the trash bin.
Enjoy your weekend! 
 


3 comments:

  1. I like the new header on your blog...and I like seeing the little fragments of your WIP.

    I have tons of things waiting to be completed! Like you, I know which ones will probably make it through and which ones won't. Occasionally I will get one of them out and work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I to like the new header, and can hardly wait to see what you are working on. I have many things that are wip and think i will eventually get them done, note I said think

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laila, I can't wait to see this piece completed. The bits you've showed look amazing. You are so creative in so many areas, it is very inspiring.
    I too, have too many hobbies and not enough time, which means I also end up with WIP's all over the place. I have recently been thinking I need to go through them all and decide what to keep and what to let go of. Knitting especially.
    I really love seeing your creations...you're so talented.

    ReplyDelete