Monday, March 25, 2013

Back to normal

 
Today I felt for painting something new.  For awhile now I have been thinking of drawing quick faces, max 15. min. Today I did that, and did the painting very quick too, I want to make something that looks less overdone. And I could use the practice to loosen up a bit.
Today's painting is "good" when it's about loosing up, and I like the way it turned out. The background was another test, it could be worked alot more but I saw what I wanted to see.
 
 
Do you often feel the need to change the way you work? I have been collecting alot of different faces lately, to use as inspiration photos for these quick drawings. I also need to convince myself that less perfect can be just as interesting  as a more perfect work. Todays work is a page in my art journal.
In fact, I like this one better each time I see it. What's on your desk right now?

4 comments:

  1. I like this painting...and yes, I do feel the need to change the way I work. I like to learn new things all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I to like this painting, and I hear you about loosing up, I am always trying to paint loosly and draw, but it never turns out the way I evsion

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this painting too. I think sometimes it is nice to try something new and to loosen up a bit. It's hard to do it, but I think it also frees up more of our creativity. Always so many new things to learn, it is wonderful. Happy Easter to you!
    Blessings,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Se det, liker, friere og løsere en det du normalt gjør.

    ReplyDelete