Friday, June 15, 2012

Blooming right now.

Isn't this a beautiful time of year?

For us, living up north, it is anyway.


I took my camera for a walk in my garden and these photos shows a bit of what's blooming right now.

This columbine is an old type, it's easy to spot if you know what they've lost during development. These old types do have the characteristic swans. Can you see how each flower is formed by a ring of swans? Newer types have lost that clear image of swans.
They are beautiful but they do spread alot. I used to have them both blue and pink as well.



We have four of these Rose Havthorn trees. Right now they are blooming and they look beautiful. One has to be close to see the beautiful "roses" though. I also love their foliage with that soft green colour.



The Queens in my garden. The Peonys are my all time favorites. Of all my peonys these are the ones that start blooming first and as you see they're almost done. This year I'm going to give these ones a better place to grow because I don't think they have the best conditions where they are now.


This one is about to start blooming. Look at that colour! I have three more to come, one of them is "Bowl of beauty" a real eyecatcher which will have more flowers, than ever before, this year. I'll be back with a photo of that too.


The Irises are beautiful too. This one is a Siberian type and I love its colours and lines.


I have to smile each time I see this one. I bought it because of its beautiful pale salmon colour. I even asked specific about the colour. Well, it turned out blue in my garden!



Just a little tour in my garden. I hope it inspires you like it does me.
Over the weekend I'll share with you a new exciting project I have been testing. In between all the painting that is.

Have a great weekend everyone.

1 comment: