Monday, September 19, 2011

A bit of this and that.


Hello!


I have been doing a bit different things lately. The journalsppread below was made some days ago. At this point I was thinking of what words that appeal to me. Have you ever thought of that? Once you start thinking all kinds of words are popping in your mind. But what are the ones you are coming back to? The one word that always get me to think is reaction. Ever since I learned what it ment it has been my favorite word.
The word ROSE mean the flower but also means to give credit or praise. (in Norwegian that is.)
Once I start to think of some words they lead to other and a kind of "movie" starts rolling. That's really facinating.


As I wrote earlier on, the knitting season is here and I've knitted my first pair of socks this weekend. (first pair for the season) I've had this yarn in my stash for a long time and wanted to use it. It's not the best choice to these patterned socks but I wanted to knit a pattern and I wanted to use this yarn. In any case they will warm my feet and that's the main issue. The colours is not at all that blue, I don't know what happened with my photo.



Today I have made cakes. Applecakes.
I did start with the usual one, and then I tried to make cupcakes and that went well. Easier to freeze them as cupcakes, or at least easier to handle. Tomorrow I'll probably make a lot more. I forgot to add the almonds at the last cupcakes and that is so irritating. They taste and looks a lot better with the allmonds.


What have you been up to lately?
Wish you all the best and thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. You knit a pair of socks over the weekend! I'd be lucky if I could do a plain scarf in a couple of weeks. I'm so slow at knitting and I can only do something very basic and flat.

    I love the color of the socks. And they look warm and snuggly. Perfect for curling up with your art journal and one of those apple cupcakes....Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love playing with words - writing down random words that pop into my head and then sitting looking at them. I love the socks - I've been crocheting bed socks which is mad because we are heading into a long hot summer. Your apple cake looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete