Friday, April 9, 2010

Lace knitting


This is a closeup to show you how very thin it is.


The white shawl is made out of linen.


Warm and soft black woolyarn


My eyecatching petticoat.


I promised some pictures of knitted lace yesterday so I'll show you today.
The first picture is a red petticoat I knitted for my national outfit (sorry I don't know the english word for it) In norwegian it's called BUNAD.
When we are celebrating our national day (May 17th.)the weather can be really cold so my petticoat has been well used. The yarn used for this is a two ply wool yarn also from Shetland and it's very soft.(It don't itch at all)
The next two pictures are shawls, also used with my bunad. The black one for winter use and the white one for summer.
The white shawl is knitted in a yarn originally ment for the loom (it's linen)so it's a little bit stiffer than the black one.(one ply wool)
I'll add a close up of the black shawl just to give you an idea of the thickness of the yarn.
The petticoat is my own design the shawls are made from written patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment