Saturday, June 14, 2014

Summer of color 4

This is the first time I'm participating in this fun event.

I wasn't sure if I could make it so I'm a little late with my entry. I chose to use one of my own handmade stamps for this piece. It's also made on a handmade paper.

I found it hard to get a good image from the stamp, not sure what didn't work but I used a sharpie to get the lines even, after stamping. I've used Twinkling H2O's for my colors and am pleased with my result based on how quick it was done.


There's not much pure yellow in my piece, but it's certainly used to make the greens and also to mix up the brown color for the trees. My pink spots are some butterflies just to add some life to the piece.


I hope to put a little more effort in next week, and I'm looking forward to that.
Have a beautiful weekend everyone, and thanks for visiting.

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, dear Laila! I love your handmade stamp and this fine paper.
    Greetings from Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great stamp to have, a tree - very clever of you to have made this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow... Awesome images - I love the one with the trees - I think I am a tree person? hehe...Anyway I am happy to visit your blog which give such an inspiration - Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I am in awe of yoru hand made stamp and paper!!!! WOW!!! You used the SOC colors beautifully here. So soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a good stamp. I like your two trees very much, the leafless one and the summer one. And I like the way you have used a touch of pink for the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it turned out great, wow I am impressed with the stamp, carving 101 here I come

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful Laila. Love your stamp, very creative. Loved the touch of pink.
    gloria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really lovely :) Love how you made your own stamp.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the stamp you have made and it has made such a lovely little piece of art. Love the addition of the black lines, makes it look very stylised and that paper looks just gorgeous to usel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! I do like the pop of the pink buterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic! I keep saying I'd like to make my own stamps-I love your idea for the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fantastic i LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete