Friday, March 9, 2018

Still cold

We're still having this very cold weather

and I'm sick of it. I want spring, not more snow!! In addiction I've caught a terrible sore throat that makes it hard to swallow.......... Ok I promise, no more complaining. I have some art to share today as well.


I very much love to paint on a black substrate, so that was what I did here. I used twinkling H2O's for the initial layers but didn't like that as much as I'd hoped for. Next I did was to add neocolors on top of the twinks, and that really looks good and exciting.


The above painting was considered ruined so I didn't put much effort into the layering process, but I do see the potential here. If I don't cover all the twinks, they do shine through and add to the final result. I'll most certainly try this more


The substrate I've used on the above painting is actually matte board. I went down to a professional framer in our city and asked them for cutouts and pieces too small for them to use. I did offer to pay for them, but they gave it all to me. These pieces have a snow white and an off white side. So far I have used the bright white side only, and I love working on this substrate. Still using the Neocolors.
I'm very pleased with this one.


Just a few days before Christmas I started making a new Mochilla. It's quite a challenge to keep it all even and flat, but I love doing them. Below is the bottom of it.



To keep it smooth and even up the side is also hard and very time consuming. I have put it aside for a while  but think it's time to finish it off. Not many rounds left to go here.


 I'm going to make a patterned strap and a Kumihimo tie to close the bag. There will also be some tassels. I'll show it when done.

I'm linking to PPF, thank you for visiting and your lovely comments. I really appreciate reading every  single one of them.

For all those who require a name and e-mail to leave a comment, I will not do so. Sorry for that.

26 comments:

  1. Sorry you are feeling bad, hope things soon get better. Love the cherry paintings. I often pick up mount-board pieces from a framing shop, they have a basket were you can take bits for free. Your mochilla is *fan*tas*tic*. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get better soon! Both your cherry paintings are delicious and beautiful. The bag's design is great.
    Happy PPF party 🌺💖

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab looking cherry paintings. I like seeing the contrast between the two. Yes, let's hope winter is about done already! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both cherry paintings actually, such different effects. Nice work with the Mochilla.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear you are sick. Warm wishes and hope Spring comes soon. I luv the cherries on the black background. Thanks for dropping by my blog today

    Much🌼love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Laila, the mochilla is stunning. I have no idea what one is, but I am in awe over the work you've done on it. And the cherries look awesome and good enough to eat. I love the vibrancy of the NeoColors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work, so bright and colourful. Those cherries are so life-like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. summer cherries will soon be here..fab painting and hope your cold goes quick

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cherries! I love both backgrounds, but I do think the lighter one is my fave. That bag is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those cherries are amazing. Unbelievable that you managed to get that look with neocolors. And I don't even have words for your mochilla.... Gorgeous work! I can so relate to you being sick of winter and cold and snow. Here's hoping spring will finally start taking over!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Laila, really beautiful cherries today. And that mohilla, wow! So I have some Twinkling H2O's which I have never used. Are they transparent? Maybe use them over your cherries on black? i bought mine awhile ago. I wonder if they are all dried up??!! Have a great week and feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely, loosely! I also enjoy using neocolors; you've done a fabulous job with the cherries! And the Mochilla is amazing! I've used those mounting board pieces for collage, which is fun as well.
    Happy PPF - I think we're all voting for spring's arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is great to see the two different versions of the cherry-picture and I love it to see what you can do with neocolors! It's wonderful! And I totally fell in love with your mochilla! Very best wishes and get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am with you Laila, I am done with winter. I need some warm, sunny weather. LOL I love your cherries. They are so realistic. I can see the effort you put into them. Your Mochillas are just stunning. Truly stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful and decadent, those cherries are so sublime..amazing work! And wow, I am totally smitten and in awe of your mochilla..stunning and magical!
    Happy PPF, thanks for your sweet visit
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very creative pieces! Hope you feel better soon and it warms up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are always so talented in everything you create! Love those cherries...both completely different but beautiful. That Mochilla is gorgeous too...such intricate time consuming work done brilliantly!!

    Peace Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  18. I too is sick of winter. Now when it should be thawing the snow finally arrived where I live. Notgreat one. Seeing your berries I long for summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, love your cherries!!! You have many talents!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE your cherries! Fresh color and fab form! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I actually really love both paintings a lot! Sorry to hear about your throat, I guess I shouldn't rub in how warm and sunny it's been here in Seattle of late! We just moved here, and expected it to rain all day every day but we've been so pleasantly surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I love your cherry paintings and the mochilla is amazing... I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  23. We're grandie sitting, and one has a bad cough. We'll see if we get it!
    We've had a snow storm for a few days!

    ReplyDelete