Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Finally done

Phew.... that was a real stretch of my creative muscle.

I trustfully started adding the treads, but what a task! I used masking tape to fasten them and a needle to weave them together, one by one. Below is a close up on how it looked when all the weaving were done.

Next thing was to glue it all down to the open spaces, I used matte medium for that job. When completely dry I used an excacto knife to cut all the treads. Only ones left is in the open spaces. See photo below.

The next one is a close up of the finished piece. I used twinks, Egyptian gold, to suggest the gold threads in the more solid parts of the top "fabric".

And finally, the finished piece. It isn't what I initially had in mind, but I'm very pleased with my result. I won't give up on trying to make the surface I wanted, but right now I need to do something quite different.

Last post on this project, I promise. Thanks for visiting, I hope you enjoyed my process.


  1. Fantastic work. You must have such patience. Grat colours, textures and shapes. Thanks for dropping by.

  2. This is beyond amazing! Wow! Hugs! Wendy