It was a wet day yesterday.
I couldn't go to the park for photographing, there was far too much rain. And as usual I couldn't wait, so I finished my painting without a local motif.
Handyman and I spent a few hours together with Sandra and her family and that was that. Because of all the rain we didn't feel like doing anything else. Handyman had to go to work to find some item numbers and I went with him to try if it would work to downsize my painting. It did. I was afraid that the shape of it would turn wrong. My idea was to make a big painting because of the detail work. Much easier to make fine details on a larger scale. When downsized the details look nice but would be impossible to make that size, at least for me it would.
Below is the downsized copy. It now measures 10.5 by 14.5 cms. like a postcard. Sorry about the quality of the photo.
Below is the finished painting without any color at the background. This one is made on a A-3 sized watercolor sheet. It's always hard to tell how big/small a painting is, just by looking at a picture. Therefore I laid them on top of each other to show you the differense.
Today I'm going to spend the day with a friend, we'll do some shopping and have lunch together. In the afternoon Sandra is coming, and this weekend she's going to make a " real " painting. Her canvas will be an empty pizzabox. I'm so looking forward to that.
Here you'll see the differense between the two. I'm pleased with how it turned out ,but I think perhaps it would be even better with a more delicate design. I'll try that too.
I'm not quite sure what to do to the background so that'll have to wait for awhile. The face is made using crayons, the rest are done by using twinks.
Have a great weekend everyone!