Just wanted to show you something I made for a private swap this year.
There was so much happening at the time that I forgot to show you. The photo below shows the piece in progress. It's pretty much done the same way as my cards for ihannas swap this autumn. Layers of tissue papers, handsewn (the waves) and painted with twinkling H2O's. The fishes are done using some seed capcules from a plant. That tecknique I learned by watching a film suggestion (inspiration link) from ihanna way back in time. Sorry that I don't remember the link.
Normally it isn't easy to photograph the twinks effect, but I was rather lucky with this one. You can see the shiny parts well. When all the painting was dried I glued the piece onto a sturdy cardboard and sealed it with a sheet of brown paper on the back.
Below is the finished piece. The black line at the bottom is a shadow from something it sits on and the stain in the lower righ cornert is a stain within my camera only. Now removed. Handyman fixed it for me.
The top layer of tissue wasn't pure white but had a shade of sand colour. It was very cool to work this this way and I'll do it again for sure. I did the details when it was all mounted together, the white bubbles and the fisheyes. I was very pleased with this piece and she who received it liked it too, she told me.
The other day I got a big surprise in my mailbox, I'll tell you all about it in my next post that will be one of the days in between Christmas and New Years eve. Untill then.