Wednesday, January 11, 2012

An outdated book.


I've had this book for years.


This book was outdated from a library years ago. I was the lucky buyer and have thought of painting the mushrooms ever since.

Every image in the book is handpainted and then photographed. It's a great inspiration. The book itself was ment for mushroom pickers, but new knowledge made it nessesary to make a new edition.
Yesterday I saw Geninne in Geninne's Art had painted a mushroom together with her lovely birds and that got me to remember my book. Have a look at the images, they're so beautiful.


In my studio today.

In my studio today I wanted to paint some of the images. I've been painting with my watercolours lately and I like them alot.
I came up with two images and painted them. But, something was itching my mind.


My paintings are sized like postcards and I have decide to try painting these as postcards. Do you think they can be used for that purpose?
I do send quite a few postcards during a year, and some of the recipients do want handmade cards. The only thing I need to figure out is how to make a nice reverse. It's not a problem but I want something special.

I have a friend with good connection to get stuff printed so perhaps I should get them printed. Well, let me paint them first. :-)
I'm so happy today because the sun is shining. Everything seem easier then.

Have a nice day and take care!

4 comments:

  1. Your mushroom paintings would make beautiful postcards. I'm sure anyone would love to find one of these mushrooms in their mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful. I think they would make very lovely postcards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely book - filled with wonderful illustrations. I think your paintings would make wonderful postcards. My printers print on the back of my art and it is quite easy to do and if you print on thicker card, it can look very professional. I wish I could send you some of our sun shine - its been so hot I can hardly think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laila, I got your message and I sent you an email. Hopefully you will get it, but in case you don't, my email is: carrotpoop@gmail.com
    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete