Thursday, January 26, 2012

Crafty evening


We had a good time.


I asked them to use the photos in my blog and didn't hear any serious protests, so I recon it's OK.
We had much fun and I always end up thinking :why don't we do this more often. We started up eating some fish soup and then moved into the livingroom. I did some photographing during the meal too, but you know eating and photographing isn't a good match.

Always much to discuss when we meet and yesterday was no exception in that matter. The first photo shows Sissel and Hege. Hege (right) is my close friend and we are training pals. She is working on the most beautiful embroidery, and each stitch is tiny tiny. Hege is the master of patient, she don't hurry she enjoys. Her job is social worker, and they're lucky to have her. So am I!!



Sissel (left) has her days similar to mine, homeworker. She is a ceramist and makes rough and humorous items. Her work is really special and most important, typically her. Once, she gave me one of her famous birds. Her birds can be like : jailbird, pearl hen, song bird and as mine Summer bird. The summer had been wet, wet, wet and Sissel created her summer bird.
Notice the rain hat and rubber boots. All her birds are so fun.



Next photo shows Marit. She's such a funny and impulsive girl. There's not a thing in the world Marit couldn't do. She's not amongst the most eager ones in crafting, but our meetings wouldn't be the same without her. It's so fun to be around her. Marit is a primary school teacher, and when I first saw this photo I noticed that she must heve the most shiny hair ever.


The last two are Aino (left) and Elisabet, shiny cheerful girls both of them. Aino is a teacher in her day job, in her spare time she is running her own Yoga studio teaching people to train Yoga. I haven't tried but people tell me she is a wonderful Yoga teacher. I know she is a wonderful person though.
Elisabet is a wonderful person too. She's an engeneer in her day job and she spend most of her spare time learning alternative treatment. She is already quite skilled, and our meetings always include some treatment from her. Elisabet was born and raised in Iceland, and I'm always so facinated when she speaks Icelandic.

Well then, now you've met my crafting friends. I was behind the camera and that's the best place to be. :-)) Two girls were missing this evening. It don't suits everyone every time.

Thanks for a wonderful evening girls, looking forward to next time.

That's all for now, take care everyone.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely group of friends to spend some time with. It looks like everyone is having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How warming for you to spend time with friends who love to work with their hands. That's just plain wonderful! And thank you for introducing me to Postcrossings in your last blog! I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the first set of postcards I sent.

    ReplyDelete