Monday, March 10, 2014

Spring is here.

Now is my favorite time of year

some small flowers have sprung, but most plants are yet to come. It's a wonderful thing waiting for the garden to come alive, and in June watch the beautiful peonies flowering. It's almost so one could wish to stay out all night just to enjoy their lovely sight the short periode of time they're flowering.

I did a quick round in the garden this morning, and things are definitely happening. The most colorful sight today comes from these little guys. They add some beautiful color splashes into the garden.


Next thing that made me happy is my rhubarbs. I love the first rhubarb soup in Spring. I also use them to cook rhubarb porridge served with vanilla sauce. And most years I make some pots of jam too, fresh rhubarb, dried apricots and a tiny bit smashed bananas. It tastes heavenly on luke warm bakery.


The snowdrops are here as every year. Our garden is an old one, so the snowdrops grows in large spots in the lawn. It's a pretty sight. The crocuses are mostly gone, the rain and wind treated them badly this year.



The next one is what I'm most excited about, it's my peony tree. I did plant it two years ago, and last Summer it came with one flower. I wonder what comes this Summer. The flowers are not filled, they are single, fragile almost like poppies. I can't wait to see it happen.


Now it's time to start some work here. I have a sketch to do, some houskeeping and grocery shopping.

What are you up to today?

2 comments:

  1. You have a lot going on in your garden. About the only thing here is that my fruit trees have all blossomed and are leafing out now.

    Today is my art journaling class so I'm getting everything ready for that. Today I'm showing them how to add in pages and extras.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laila, thank you for the lovely walk through your garden. I was looking for signs of Spring here (Southern Ontario, Canada) yesterday. The sun was shining and it was 10C. Today, we are receiving about 15 cm of snow. I've had enough. This was a real "breath of fresh air" that I needed today.

    ReplyDelete