Saturday, March 15, 2014

Another sketch.

New week gone,

I.ve often wondered where time goes. When I go, I know the road is behind me, but the next day the same road is still there. Where does time go, and where is it comimg from? Is it the same 24 hours over and over again? No, I'm not crazy I started wondering, that's all.


I've been sketching all week, and this one is one of them. It's a flower spreader from the dark ages. In real life it's black with gold decor, but that was to dull to paint so I chose my own colors.
It's meant to sit in the bottom of a glass bowl, keeping the flowers in place and spread them in a fan-like way.


The funniest thing is, when doing it's job, it seems like the fish is swimming amongst sea grass. All the flower stems looks like sea grass. There are many different types of flower spreaders, but I have neven seen anyone like this one before. Cool thing bought in an antique fair some years ago.


I had some left overs, and used them to give the fish an opportunery to express himself. I think he's saying : Hey, where are my bowl and the flowers, I'm sick and tired of being on dry land.

Below is a photo of the real one in use. I'm sorry for the quality of the photo, but you can see all the stems surrounding the fish. I even removed one just to let you see the fish a bit better.


The Friday Sketch challenge is so much fun, and it's open for you too. Come join us, click the Friday Sketch button on top of this blog and join in!
This Friday I had already made my sketch, next week I'll wait till I see Dion's lead. I've also seen people share the colors used, and that's a great idea, so I'll try remembering it too.

Enjoy the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. For some reason, in this country that is called a frog! Don't ask me why because I don't know...I think your flower spreader looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of a flower spreader .... Sounds interesting, and the one you drew is beautiful. Love the strong colors you used.

    ReplyDelete