Friday, March 2, 2018

Friday again.

Where did this week go?

I've had such fun painting that I didn't notice the days passing.

Have you heard of a site called Paint my photo? I'm a member there and use the site to find wonderful photos to paint. All my paintings in this post are from pmp photos.



The owners/ photographers are allowing one to use their photos as reference, and we are free to do whatever we want with our art pieces. Most times I try to alter my piece a bit from the photo, that way it feels a bit more mine. The blue flower above was orange in the photo, so I downloaded it and turned it into a black and white copy, that made it easier for me to know where the light and dark should be.


I always upload my result to the pmp site and thank the photographer for the use of his/hers photo and at the same time they can see the result. It's a great way to have reference photos that are free to use. 


This last piece is a mixed media one, and I had great fun making it. The photographer was very surprised with this and he said he loved it.

It's free to create an account over at Paint my photo, and there are thousands of photographs to choose from. Give it a try and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

All colors used is Neocolors ll. The last piece was done on a black substrate using gesso washed book pages and white and gold ink. 

Thanks for visiting and also for all your lovely comments.
I'm linking to PPF.

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful art. Congrats on being featured at PPF this week. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being the featured artist on PPF this week, Laila. I love your flowers. I used to use PMP, then when they changed format, I forgot to ever go back. They are a very good source.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your pieces you are inspiring. I have heard of PMP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flower paintings are beautiful and I love your wonderful mixed media art ❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful flower art Laila! And congrats on being "cover girl" at PPF this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the depth in your flowers. It looks very 3D. Congrats on being the featured PPF-artist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers. PMP sounds like fun. I am going to check it out. Thank you for sharing. I like the idea of learning shading from photos too. I always seem to have a problem with that. Have a wonderful week. Hugz, Rasz

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful flowers! such beautiful work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful paintings and I love your mixed media piece. Thanks for stopping by and for your lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are just beautiful. Congratulations on being featured.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How's your hand doing? I hope it's better, very beautiful art. Congrats on the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chapter ngrats on getting selected lthis week at ppf...and lovely flowers...gorgeous work...happy ppf...x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your flowers are beautiful! I have not hear of that site, Thanks so much for sharing!
    ~~ Irene

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your flowers, escpecially the first one :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So gorgeous! All of them. My fave is the pink one. sorry this is late getting to you. I lost electricity Friday morning and didn't get it back till this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh these are beautiful, I love the colors that you chose!

    ReplyDelete