Friday, April 14, 2017

Winter work

What I did during winter.

To create and be creative is part of who I am and there will always be something new brewing in my mind. This last winter it was all about yarn, needles and hooks. Especially crocheting is near to my heart. It's such a joy to pick up some yarn and a hook and be able to create something beautiful with such simple remedies. It amazes me each time how little it takes to make something wonderful.

Through facebook I found a group making Mochilas and I just had to try that.  To make a flat bottom with much pattern was a hard nut to crack but oh so fun. Below is my first.



The next one is easier because of that pattern. I'm still working on those two Mochilas. Not sure when they're going to be finished but sooner or later they will.


The first one I finished, is a small one and it's quite nice. It might come to use during summer.



The last one were made for a friend who turned 50 in February, and who love love love sculls. I had so much fun making it, and I had to look out if she turned up at my house. It was a hide and seek kind of thing. Needless to say she was over the top happy for the bag.


Yarn and one hook, that's all it takes. This is just a small part of what has been made so I'll have to make a post or two later on to show you some more.

Linking to PPF, happy Friday everyone.

17 comments:

  1. I love the crochet work you have been making, the patterns are fabulous, as are the colours. I never succeed in getting things to stay flat, and I have never tried patterns. Your work is very inspiring. Happy Easter and happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Laila, lovely to meet you. I'm really in awe over your crocheting talent, it's a beautiful art and, yes, I can imagine your friend's delight. So well done and thank you for sharing. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Laila! I'm impressed of your crocheting talents. Very beautiful, artsy crocheting works. I looked at them closely in the light box and saw how wonderful they are. Look forward to seeing more.
    Happy Easter xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow-your crocheted pieces are stunning!! I've never seen anything like these. Must take a lot of concentration. Very special pieces. Happy PPF and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing what you can do with your crocheting hooks! Wow! It looks very difficult. More like a piece of art actually ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you can do that with crocheting!?! I have only ever made a blanket, a scarf or two and some pot holders, but nothing beyond straight rows and a spiral.

    Thanks for showing me new possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful needlework ~ and so well done and creative ~ thanks,

    Wishing you a Happy Weekend ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. My crochet ability is limited and I cannot imagine being able to turn out work as beautiful as yours. You should be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning work...the bag you made your friend she must be over the moon it is so unique and cool...WOW I am so impressed! I crocheted all my life until a few years ago and loved it!! That bag for your friend is truly amazing!! Thank you so much for sharing these!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, they are amazing, i do adore the bag with the skulls, it's so cool. You're so talented with the yarn and very inspiring.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  11. These turned out beautiful, you must be really enjoying them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh those are wonderful, I especially love the one with the skulls. How sweet of you to create one for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh these are fabulous. Of course the skulls are my favorites of course. Your friend is very lucky to get this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, you created wonderful things. A great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are fantastic!!! I love to crochet too and am always looking for new and creative fabrics! Thanks for stopping by my blog ♥

    ReplyDelete