The final solution of how to make my cards.
I've been trying alot of different ways, but landed on this one. To keep the card simple with a touch of the frame. I could have left the frame completely, but I liked it so much that I wanted it to be part of it all. I think this is a great way, I can move the frame fragment around to find the best suited spot. That will make the cards different, but still have the same last name. What do you think?
Otherwise I have start making my letters in a larger scale, A-3 format. The letters have the hight of an A-4 sheet. It gives a larger space to work on with more possibillities. I do see it still might be wise to practice each letter before making the final one. A good idea might not be that good after all. Below I made a background design which turned out not so good. In fact it was much better before all the lines in each square.
My g has been enlarged too with a little difference in designs. At first I thought it needed something in the background, but now I'm not sure of that. If it was to be framed, it will work as it is. Clean and clear. What I find most interesting is to take advantage of the original form of each letter and do something different out of it. The outer lines are never changed though.
It's a nice work to do and challenging as well. The Norwegian alphabet contains 29 letters so there's alot of work ahead of me. If I should work through both small and capital letters, I have enough work for a year. At least I don't need to be out of ideas for awhile now.
Some days ago I received some new goodies to work with as well. More about that in another post.
Have a joyful day out there!