Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What I didn't finish.

Now I want to paint again.

There are a few things that I didn't finish, but one day I will. Now it's time to paint again. I'll put all the yarn away for now.
We've had a strange kind of weather a week now. Usually there is a bit windy here, and last week  there were no wind at all. Instead we've had fog every single day. Today I saw the sun for 10 minutes and felt the spring. I'm so looking forward to spring.
I did sketch a couple of shawls that I want to knit, but it has to be later.


The skatch above shows the shawl as I want to make it. The one below will be made with slightly different colours, or perhaps with a couple of colours less than showed.



Do you remember the sketch I made before painting this? (below) Well, this painting isn't quite what I had in mind so I'll have to keep on working on it. This is the very first time I painted on canvas and it's different. Not that easy to turn and move as a paper-sheet. I believe it's all about getting used to it. How do you work on canvases? Do you paint standing or.....?

Below you can see my 4 blankets. Now I'll put them away until it's time to wash and dress them.

I've had an awful lot of fun making them while listening to the radio.

Wish you all the best!

4 comments:

  1. Laila, these look lovely. How much we long for spring..! let it come and be great! Ten minute tease though, oh I bet it was heaven but so longing. Here's to good weather, yeah! :D Much love <3 Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been having lovely spring-like weather although over the weekend it's going to be colder with rain and wind.

    When I paint sometimes I stand up and sometimes I sit on a stool. One thing I like to do with my canvases is to cover them with old book pages before I paint. I like the texture of the paper to paint on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, let the spring come! The shawl sketches looks so neat. Painting on canvas does take some getting use to, but is quit nice when you get the hang of it. For your first attempt you did amazing! I have an easel that I use this way I can paint sitting and standing.

    EWian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for Spring. I am seeing little buds popping up on everything and it makes me happy. Today there are large puffy clouds, it is so pretty. I should really go out for a walk, but instead I've been on my computer all day. When I paint on canvas, I stand if it is large and sit if it's not too big. I love your blankets, you are so talented. The blue one is especially gorgeous. I like blue!
    Hope all is well with you. Sorry I have been so absent lately.

    ReplyDelete