Thursday, April 8, 2010

Wow, how nice, is it your own design?



I have this male friend that always asks me if something I just made is my own design. If I use a written pattern it's definetly not my design, but when combining my knowledge from this written pattern and my dressmaker skills, making a new piece of clothing, I think I can call it my own design. In most things I don't want to be a copycat, so I try to make my own twist on things that I make.
There are a lot of people out there making things, so I believe it's almost impossible not using elements of what you once saw.
The car itself was made a 100- 150 years ago but still people are making "new cars."
I'm curious about what other people think of this issue, so please give your opinion if you got the time for it.
It's a never ending issue to me. As an educated dressmaker I know the dress has existed longer than my life, so is the dress I just made "my own design?" Difficult issue this one.
Back to my male friend, is it nice, or does that depend whether it's my design?

No comments:

Post a Comment