Thursday, April 8, 2010

Another one of my favourite books


This book was bought for me in Shetland. It seems to be printed through The Shetland Times LTD. ISBN: 1 898852 75 8 It's called "Heirloom Knitting" and the Author is Sharon Miller.
Within this book there is a pattern library,historical data and several projects for us to follow.
Amongst the projects there is a christening robe. That one is so very nice and will be treated like a family jewel.
With the library you can very well design your own things. Lace knitting is one of my favs. I wouldn't be without this book and I recommend it for all of you who loves delicate works.
The thread i'm using is called cobweb and has only one ply very thin wool thread.
I'll show you some of my work with this yarn and some with other yarns. I like to experiment a little and have achived some good results I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment