Thursday, June 28, 2012

Using old letters # 2.

This is my second one in this " series". 

I'm very pleased with this result. It's not as easy as it might seem to paint one colour from light to dark. I worked quite a lot to gain this result. When one choose to add diagonal lines into a work they have to be accurate, I think. For me that was a challenge too. It's easy enough to make a line, but even the smallest "bumps" became extremely visible here.  As it is now I think it's ok.
Originally I made a shadow from the mail person, but something was wrong so I undid it. All that's left is a weak colourchange on the wall to give a hint of a shadow. I'm still not sure I won't try once more, the shadow added some more interest to the whole painting.

This one is called " Sunday Letter ".  I really like the spacious feeling here. I tend to use too many details so this was a try not to. This painting measures 50 x 60 cms. I've used acrylics and old originale letters on canvas.

That's what I've been up to lately. I have at least one more to paint, but that'll have to wait a bit. We have a Birthday to celebrate here and my mother is coming home tomorrow.

Have a creative day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment