Thursday, June 21, 2012

I'm on the track.

I'm moving forward, but slow.

 

It's amazing how many feelings that comes alive when I'm doing this painting. How much I would love to hug this little boy just once more. But, that's 25 years too late.
He so came alive when I added his toy named Kose as in cozy. He had two ways of carrying him, as you see in my painting or holding him in the downpointing arm. That's why that arm is slightly longer/thinner than the other one.

Now I can feel I know the face, with his full cheeks and the clare strenght between his nose and overlip. I'm so excited to see if I can get his eyes right but frightend as well. If I can't do them it won't be right. The form is correct now with one eye a bit different from the other. Of course I believe I can make them right, but I'm not sure.


Yesterday was such a day when nothing would work, so I put it aside and did other stuff. Today I'm going to find the right redness to his cheeks. Alot of work remains on Kose too, I have to make him fluffier. I really enjoy doing this, especially when I feel I get it right.

As it is right now, this really IS my boy, and it is me doing it! Unbelievable.

Have a beautiful day.

1 comment:

  1. What fun to be attempting an art work of your son - I'm sure it will be a treasure when completed. Enjoy the flood of memories that will rush back as you paint this work!

    ReplyDelete