Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Small scale suits me especially good.


During the weekend I enjoyed making my very first ATCs.

 How cool to make them!!  I really enjoy to make the most out of  little. In fact, I made inchies first. My two first cards have them as decoration. Inchies was fun too. I sure will make more of them both.
 I started to think if it couldt be possible to fill a canvas with inchies, and could each inchie be part of a larger image?  I can feel the itching in my fingers already. I have to try that.

When it comes to painting on canvas,  I'm not sure whether that is my medium. I don't feel I have enough control when I try to. I will finish what I have started though and perhaps I'll like it more as I practice. The one of my son is going well so far. It's always difficult to make the "perfect" skintone so that's what I'm working on right now.



Inchies and ATCs was fun though so that is a great way to differ a bit.

Have I ever told you that I wrote a letter a day for nearly a year, to a prisoner, 16 years ago? Well, I've kept copys of what I wrote and also kept the ones I got in return. Now I have decided it's time to do something about them. So, I will use them as backgrounds for some of my work. The text on my ATCs are some small lines from the letters. And below you can see a face I made (10 minutes) on top of such a background. It's challenging to make a face within that timelimit. But, as you probably know by now, I like to challenge myself.


Just some small things I do in between all the canvas stuff.

Have a terrific day !



1 comment:

  1. You are such a fun positive and inspiring person to visit. All your adventures - you just jump in a try and play.

    ReplyDelete