Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Today.....

We have the most beautiful summer right now.

Today I was able to hang my washed bedlinen outdoors to dry. Can't remember the last time I was able to do that. I love the feel of bedlinen that have dried outdoors. Yesterday we had 29 deg. C here and I love it.





These tulips are more than a hundred years old. When I still had my curtainshop one of my customers gave me some bulbs. A professor came to her to examin the tulips and he confirmed that these were of a very old type. They look like any other tulip but the odor, you should've smelled it. Handyman say they smell like raspberry jelly. Another good thing is that they do multiply.


Another tulip in my garden. These do survive from year to year, the more modern types does not.


My yellwo light at the moment. I don't know their name, what I do know is that these are more yellow than anything else in my garden. When the dark comes they almost act like lightbulbs.


At last a new painting. The form of a russian doll has made me addictive. It's so fun to see how "free" one can draw within that form. But, now it''s time to go outside. Much too good weather to stay in.



Have a beautiful day too!

2 comments:

  1. What pretty flowers, they look so delicate and dainty, just so happy for summer. Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tulips are so pretty...and they're 100 years old! How amazing.

    Love your mermaid painting, too.

    ReplyDelete