Tuesday, February 14, 2012

This day started pink.

Today was the day for finishing off a thing or two.
Our beautiful sunrise painted the sky pink today, it was a breathtaking sight. The sky was velvet blue and the pink in stripes over the mountains. The blue colour was quite unusual too so I had to photograph it. Later on I had to clean and wash my kitchen, too long since last time I felt.

.
After washing I sat down to finish off a cushion I've been crocheting. I had to crochet that one because of a comment I left on a blog, Had to ensure I didn't tell the girl anything wrong. And I didn't. She wanted to crochet a cushion with diagonale stripes and struggled to find a written pattern to that purpose. I told her to measure the diagonal and crochet a square that held that measure. By folding in all four corners one get diagonale stripes. This is an easy way of doing it but, there is a minor drawback. One of the seams do show off at the back side.



In addition I got a great postcard in my mailbox today, all the way from Canberra Australia.  It's a quiltwork that has been photographed. It's almost unbelievable that it's possible to do such nice work. At first I thought it was a painting but the text on the card told me otherwise. Great card to pick up from the mailbox.


Notice all the beautiful colour combos and the very even lines. This really is first class work!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful sunrise. And wow, I can't believe that isn't a painting, it is truly amazing and wonderful work. What a treat. Have a beautiful day! :)

    ReplyDelete