Monday, January 9, 2012

New week and new opportuneties.


Birthday over, and a little more.


I had a nice day yesterday. A lot of greetings on facebook and on the phone. And some knocked on my door.
My yongest brother came to visit and told us about his vacation in the Arab Emirates. It sound like a fairytale. They've had nice and warm weather and everything felt good.
Later on a good friend of mine came by and gave me these lovely flowers. Lucky me!!


The glasplate/dish (what's the correct word for this??) beneath is over a hundred years old. I love that one. Several years ago I bought it in an antiquefair and have never regret that.


This is a closeup to show you all the beautiful details.



I sat down in my studio this morning, grabbed a pencil and out came these little folks. After finishing them I've been in the phone.
Many years ago I saw something similar to these drawings, it might be that that lead me to do these sketches. They are fun to make and I can easily imagine some storys where they take part.

I tried to paint something yesterday but it didn't work out, so I'll have to try over again.

Enjoy your week everyone and take good care.

2 comments:

  1. I love these cheery people! So full of action and movement. And, of course, the flowers are just breathtaking--they light up the whole of January!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful day to celebrate.

    Your little people are so cute.

    ReplyDelete