Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Lots of doodles lately.

I have been doodling letters lately.

Doodling is a very relaxing activity, just to sit down and make patterns. The first letter I made was a T. I have a male friend who's name starts with a T so I made it for him. Couldn't add too much flowers and stuff to it, but I think it came out pretty good.



After that I made an E. My mother and her sister both have names starting with an E, so I had them in mind while making this one. It's fairly quick done and very fun doing them.


I had another one in mind too so I gave it a try. This time I wanted to decorate the E with flowers that had the first letter E. Are you familiar with the flower called Edelweiss? This is my attempt to draw aand paint an Edelweiss. The flower is, in nature, kind of hairy and very soft and that isn't easy to capture in painting. At least not for me.

Since the letter is very curved and soft lined, I thought it would be suitable with some edgy pattern. When finished I feel it looks like a snake. I'm not too happy about this one, a bit too colorless I feel.



The two upper ones are from Judy West's book that I got in the mail. The book is very inspiring and shows lots of different alphabets together with lots of different patterns. I know I'm going to be inspired from this book every time I open it, and I recomment it to anyone who love to doodle. Judy sells it from her etsy shop, so it's possible to get a copy yourself.

This is the last week of SOC 4, and it has been a pleasure to join the fun. I'm working on my last piece and will post it later on this week. What are you up to these days?
Handyman is free from work, so my days are a bit messed up compared to normal. But I'll manage to make some art after all.

Enjoy summer everyone!

1 comment:

  1. These are great! You're the second person I've seen tonight who is doing doodled letters. Maybe that's a sign I should try them.

    ReplyDelete