Saturday, April 5, 2014

Tiny garden house.

 HappyFriday Sketching.

This weeks theme isn't excactly my cup of tea. I find it so very hard to sketch houses, and houses were the first thing I thought of when reading the theme.
I tried several times to sketch our house, but I had to let it go. Instead I made this little sketch of our tiny garden house. It's wonky, but still, it's a sketch.


Handyman built this house for us some years ago, using some windows which once belonged to our house. Together we planned the shape of the house and he built it.
Normally these little houses are painted white, but I didn't want it to show off that much. With this green color it flows with the rest of the garden.


We have some outdoor furnitures in there, and this time of year it's lovely to be there having some coffee. One gets closer to the garden this way, and many times I can sit out there watching lots of different birds. I have a bird bath on the deck, and the birds love it.


Notice the little lace border hanging down from the roof, I spent quite some time to design it, and handyman spent equal time to make it. We've had lots of positive feedback from our neighbours regarding this little "garden palace" of ours. The door is from somwhere in between 1900 and 1910, and was given to us from a neighbour. He changed all the doors in his house, and this one were the only one original from back then. I'm glad I did this sketch, but I'm not sure I'll do it over again untill I'm better doing it.
Thanks for visiting and enjoy your weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Love the place you love Laila...thanks for sharing on Friday Sketches. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super skønt lille hus - og lækker skitse. Jeg kan rigtig godt lide den måde, som du har tegnet den på - den er virkelig charmerende.
    Rigtig god lørdag.
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful gardenhouse this is! Love the shape!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great sketch it sounds lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laila - I love your painting and thanks for sharing your garden house with us!

    ReplyDelete