Monday, March 3, 2014

Back after a lovely week in Spain.

It is good to be back home.

It always feels a bit strange to just be on holiday doing nothing. First thing this morning I put my fingers back in paint and I enjoy it. Far too long since I did that now, so it was about time. I painted this face in a very rough tecknique, not at all sure it would work, but it did. I'm very happy with the result even though I see some small things that could have been better.

The first photo is taken using a flashlight, and some of the roughness disappeared.


The next one is taken in daylight only and is much better. It's painted on a handmade paper which has a difficult surface to paint on. The binders in the paper is uneven and make the paint show uneven too. That's why I chose to paint in a rough style.


I have some catching up to do in my class and also to visit your blogs. I'll be there soon.

3 comments:

  1. welcome back, spain to Europeans, is like Hawaii to Canadians (lol) the winter retreat, love your girl, you did a great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your painting is beautiful! I love how the color of the clothes pops against the skin tone. Wendy

    ReplyDelete