Saturday, November 2, 2013

So much fun in class.

Thare are so much fun work with this class I'm taking,


I almost can't find time bloging or anything else. I have never learnt anything about the use of watercolors, I've just been using them as we did as children, but with a bit more conscious mixing of the colors. In this class we learn a lot about mixing and painting teckniques. There are several chapters in each lesson and very varied exercices following each chapter. It's so much fun, and I've found a "spot" within me that I never knew excisted. One exercice I did was the one below, we were meant to use colors but I got this idea of pears lying on a table with the moon shining on them.


They were a challenge to do, but very fun too. The only thing I would like to be different is the golden glow of the moonshine. As I see it the moonlight is much colder. I tried but that silverish color wouldn't show off.

Another exercice I did was to make a prismatic painting. I was free to make any design, and I woke up one morning with this idea in mind. This sort of painting is so me, I simply love doing them.


The face is drawn using a magazine cut out as reference, I wouldn't spend a lot of time doing one of my own. For me it's more about the lines and color use. There is another one waiting for me at the end of this lesson, and I'm so looking forward to do it. So this is what I'm up to, doing my "homework" and enjoying it.

It's a fantastic journey.........

No comments:

Post a Comment