Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Making letters.

This has been on my mind for ages. 

To make my own personal alphabet seems to be what I'm going to do for a while now. The norwegian alphabet contains three more letters compared to the english one, so I had to make my own æ ø å. I believe the english language do have the sounds of our extras though.

Right now I'm in the beginning phase, so I'm not sure how to make them. The a-card is something I did to try out some thoughts. I do have to rethink a bit because some of the letters are much wider than the rest. The w and æ are the widest.
 
It was quite a job to prepare the letters. I cut out letters with a tool, quick cut, draw around them and then go to the copymachine. I enlarged them to 400% of original size.
 I'll probably be testing and planing a bit for a few days.
The other night I couldn't resist ordering some new color pencils, watersoluble, so now I can't wait till they show up. It'll take 2-3 weeks until I'll have them here, so in the meantime I can practice stretching my patience muscle.
What's on your desk this week?

2 comments:

  1. looks like an exciting project keep us posted

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always come up with the best projects! I've thought about doing an alphabet but just never got around to doing it.

    ReplyDelete