Friday, March 11, 2016

Closer to Spring

I think we have a build in sense for spring.

At least my whole body is shouting spring to me.  The frost is still here, but the light and length of the days has increased a lot. And the garden comes alive. The Eranthis flowers are nearly done with their job and now the Snowdrops are in bloom, all over the lawn.


What does spring do to you?
I can tell you what it does to me, I get "crazy" in  a good way and it get worse each year. So filled with energy and the need to get things done. Humm.... almost like a tulip bulb. Hence me washing the kitchen, and now it's an all over clean up of the house that's on my list.


It's such a joy to listen to the birds this time of year, they're busy too. I wake up to the lovely sound of birds singing in our garden. When it gets warmer, we have more of an out door life as well. Can't wait for it to happen.


 In general, I'm a sun person and love it when the temperatures rises. I'm quite sure I lived closer to equator in an earlier life, if there ever was such a thing.

Anyone who remember the film My Africa, at least I think that was what it was called. White people living in Africa back in the 1920/ 1930.
I have a silk dress from Africa and that period of time, and I came across it while I did some tidying. That actually inspired my next piece. Do you get the feel when looking at the photo below?


Crispy cooling fabrics, silks, linen and cotton. It doesn't take much for me to find inspiration when the spring is right around the corner.
Happy spring everyone!

Linking to Paint Party Friday.

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful art, I am craving warmth and colour! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flowers are beautiful and the portrait lovely. I've seen the fantastic film.
    Happy PPF and spring to you, too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see a bit of spring. The summer here in Australia was so dry and the autumn is looking even dryer. Oh for spring and the green. Loved your flowers.
    Happy PPF 6th birthday celebration..
    Vicki-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes, the longing for spring is so huge, luckily your beautiful flowers and that portrait bring sun to this day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with you in the spring. I become crazy about cleaning and yard work and other activities. Seems all winter my body is in slow motion and then, bam. Gorgeous pieces today, especially that face. She is beautiful Hugs- Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have made it exciting to look forward to Spring :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was not like this before but I am beginning to appreciate spring more and more. Great art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your spring happiness is infectious her Laila! I too LOVE the warming weather, the singing birds, and the soon blossoming trees and flowers. Beautiful floral painting, and you have captured the girl in Africa perfectly- I love how you have captured the light in her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spring's my favourite season! Lovely pieces today Laila!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your flower vase is delightful and certainly makes me think of spring.
    After living in Australia then coming back to the UK... I crave the lighter and longer days Laila.
    I'm thinking you might be referring to the film 'Out of Africa' and if so then yes I've seen it too. Your portrait and dress are beautiful.
    I think spring is finally returning to us here... the incredible bird song certainly makes me think they know and are as excited as us.
    Happy PPF to you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your vase of flowers is so beautiful, Laila. Yes, we did both do tulips this week. And your Out of Africa lady is gorgeous. (agreeing with Neesie that that may be the movie you mean).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the flowers Laila...and yes I remember watching out of africa... you have created a classic piece so beautifully!! Truly it could be now or then it's so wonderful!! I too love the birds song in spring...I feel it coming here too!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes I am buzzing with spring fever! We have 70 degrees here in Baltimore - I am tempted to get out my bikini. Yes your flowers are full of life and hope.
    Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  14. The flowers and blue pot are beautiful! Love the colors. And, your depiction of Out of Africa woman is lovely...so nice!!
    I'm just now cleaning up things and taking the opportunity to get ready for outside weather. There is hope in the air...hope of sunnier days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so full of energy, it comes through in your text and art. Bright flowers and a lovely lady.
    Thank you for your encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So so beautiful! I adore the flowers and the portrait is very beautiful! Very lovely! Happy PPF and wishing you a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely pieces full of Spring light, happy Spring to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh how much do I love your bunch of flowers! It makes me feel happy and makes me feel spring as you have described it! The colors are so beautiful! And the lady is simply stunning! How perfect you captured the sun in her hair and the proudness in the expression of her face! It's fantastic. Happy spring to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I thought I had commented on this... but in case I hadn't... here's a second one... loved this to bits... the colours, the lines... all screaming spring!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a beautiful bunch of flowers, and I love your lady! I love the 1920s and 30s, how wonderful to have a piece from that time! I'm snow lover and definitely lived somewhere north in an earlier life. But I am looking forward to everything starting to bloom and get green. It doesn't feel much like spring here yet, though. Apart from the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great Art you are very good. Can't say it is like spring in Sheffield

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know what you mean about spring. Even in Southern California where it's almost spring throughout the year, the spring sensors come out. There is just a feeling and the birds and the light and the sun... Your flowers are stunning!
    Have a lovely week.
    ~~Irene

    ReplyDelete